Saturday

Glutton for Punishment




On July 18, 2006, I got an email from PaperNY Films, producers of "Glutton for Punishment" out in British Columbia.
The message;"My name is Vera, I'm coordinator for TV series "Glutton for Punishment" with host Bob Blumer, to air on Food Network & Fine Living. We'll be shooting in Toronto next week and I'm looking into a possibility to have one of your Kendo instructors (hopefully Chief Instructor - Mr. Shigeo Kimura - 7th Dan to show our host the principals of Kendo. We're shooting an episode in TO on Japanese food & culture and would love to include Kendo as part of the episode.
Please let me know your thoughts and how can I get in touch with your instructors.
Vera Lubimova"
During the filming on Wednesday July 26, 2006, Bob Blumer, host of The Food Network's "Glutton for Punishment", enlisted the aid of Kimura sensei and Watarai sensei to take a crash course in kendo. The premise of this season's "Glutton for Punishment" has Bob training to be a Teppanyaki chef, and what better way to focus on speed, timing, and power than to train in kendo.



No comments: